The Free Trade Zone is an extra-customs territory, which allows a deferral of the nationalization tax payments of the merchandise housed and industrialised within. The Argentine Customs Service is outside its limits, taking intervention on the entry and exit of merchandise, for its control and classification only.
Likewise, Free Trade Zones are mean to boost exports and imports, contributing to regional economic growth, improving logistics efficiency and reducing operating costs of user companies.
Zapala Free Trade Zone allows its users to; store, manufacture, assemble, fractionate, commercialize, certify merchandise; as well as establish laboratories, technological development centers, call centers and banking services within its facilities. Given those financial benefits of great importance and reduction of operational costs, users will gain considerable improvements in revenues.
Zapala Free Trade Zone is located within the Vaca Muerta reservoir, which is one of a kind (second largest unconventional world wide gas reserve and fourth unconventional oil reserve world-wide). It serves the Oil and Gas Industry, Mining and Agro Industry businesses. It is a strategic logistics hub with bi-oceanic access which connects the Deep Water Ports of the Pacific, such as those of the Atlantic, via rail, airport and land routes.
How to join as a user?
- Opportunity to invest in warehouses, construction and depot management.
- Opportunity to invest on general services (product handling, warehouse services, etc.)
- Opportunity to internationalise your investments.
- Opportunity to develop side businesses (such as transport, producer certifications, etc.)
- Opportunity to invest in Vaca Muerta.
City of Zapala
Zapala is a city located in the center of the Neuquen Province - Argentina. Within the Vaca Muerta hydrocarbon basin. It covers a 452 km2 surface area at 1002 m.a.s.l. average height, with 32,355 inhabitants.
Its a strategic hub for tourism, commerce, mining general services and agroindustry o both the Pacific and the Atlantic. Because of Zapala Free Trade Zone, from May 28, 2019, Neuquen Province will develop as the logistic heart of Patagonia.
The city offers public and private schooling services (primary and secondary education) and a University Center, a branch of the National University of Comahue. It also has a high complexity hospital zone that is the most important of the region as it receives patients from Neuquen and Chile.
There is a Central Bus Station connecting the city to different key geographical points in Neuquen Province and the rest of the country. It also has a renovated Airport, located within few minutes away from the city center, at an altitude of 1015 meters above sea level with a 2400 m long plane track. Holds IATA /ICAO: APZ.
Advantages for operation of goods in ZFTZ
- Basic services exempt from VAT. Electricity, gas, water and communications services are exempt from VAT, which allows companies that require their intensive use to be able to operate in the Free Trade Zone with a significant reduction in their operating costs.
- Civil Work Material and technology. All civil engineering and technology materials whose final destination is to be used in Zapala Free Trade Zone are exempt from VAT.
- Exemption of Zapala City Fees and Municipal Tax.
- Possibility of manufacturing, fractioning, assembling, marketing and depositing merchandise. Exclusive sector for Reefers allows the deposit and logistics operations of frozen merchandise.
- Bi-Oceanic Logistic Hub. Through the agreement between the Argentine and Chilean Customs (single customs), traffic flow between the deep water ports of Concepcion and Talcahuano in Chile and Zapala Free Trade Zone.
- The International Pino Hachado Pass that joins Argentina and Chile is located just 100 km from Zapala Free Trade Zone. It remains open 360 days a year, with paved route in excellent traffic conditions.
- Zapala Free Trade Zone is linked by rail, which enters the premises of the Free Trade Zone and connects it to the Ports of La Plata, Bahía Blanca and the National Rail Network.
- Excellent opportunity for companies and professionals from different areas to settle as service providers within a specialized pole in all types of operations such as: Foreign Trade and Industry, Insurance, Logistics, Merchandise Transportation, Customs Brokers, International Market Advice, Financing of export projects, Legal.
- There are other possible services such as: Quality Certification Laboratories, Testing and Analysis, Call Center, Software Factory, Data center, Petrochemical plants, Cryptocurrency Mining, etc.
BUENOS AIRES PORT LA PLATA - ZAPALA. 1200 km
BAHIA BLANCA PORT – ZAPALA. 741 km
CHILEAN DEEP WATER PORTS:
- ZAPALA. 491 KM
TWO NATIONAL ROUTES
RN22 AND RN40
13, 14, 16 AND 46
ZAPALA AIRPORT - FREE TRADE ZONE 6 KM (2,400 meters length track)
AÑELO CITY (VACA MUERTA)
INTERNATIONAL PINO HACHADO PASS
SAN MARTIN DE LOS ANDES CITY
SAN ANTONIO WEST PORT